More than 15 years experience at an executive and organisational level in all aspects of government, particularly in primary industries and regional development.
- Chair, Agribusiness Association of Australia (2008 – 2011)
- Chair, Mid North Yorke Peninsula Natural Resource Management Board (2010 – 2011)
- Minister for Primary Industries (Dec 2001 – March 2002)
- Shadow Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Affairs (2002 – 2007)
- Government Whip in the Legislative Council (1996 – 2001)
- Convenor, Premier’s Food for the Future Council (1998 – 2001)
- Natural Resource Management Standing Committee (2006 – 2010)
- Budget and Finance Committee of Parliament (2007 – 2010)
Caroline Schaefer retired from the South Australian Legislative Council in March 2010 after 17 years in State politics. She was the first woman in Australia to be appointed Primary Industries Minister. Caroline has chaired numerous boards and has extensive experience with community groups. Prior to entering State Parliament, Caroline was involved in local government and regional health.