Lauren has more than 30 years’ experience in California and Australia with agronomic, economic and environmental aspects of horticultural and agricultural crop production, with an emphasis on irrigation, nutrition, soil management and integrated pest management. She also has sound experience in industry development and extension, including management of industry-based and nationwide projects leading to measurable practice change by primary producers.
Key skills include:
- Project management
- Development, implementation and evaluation of industry development and extension strategies
- Training, e.g. in irrigation management
- Drip irrigation management, particularly the use of subsurface drip irrigation (SDI) for irrigation and fertigation of vegetable crops
- Preparation of expert reports for cases destined for civil courts and for planning matters being considered by Councils and the SA Environment, Resources and Development (ERD) Court
- Research and analysis to advise irrigator clients and government agencies on water resource availability and policy, including the likely impacts of climate change