Zac has over 30 years experience as a hydrogeologist specialising in groundwater resource assessment, development and management. He has extensive management and consulting experience in Australia, North Africa and South America. Zac previously managed the operations of the then Department for Water Resources Groundwater, Geotechnical and Geophysical Services, assessing South Australia’s groundwater resources. He has been involved in Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR) investigations/design and implementation since the mid 1980’s, including the investigation and design of mine dewatering and reinjection schemes in the Adelaide Hills and in SA’s Far North. He is one of the authors of the Guidelines for Aquifer Storage and Recovery of Surface Water in SA (2000), and has been involved in running and teaching numerous Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR) short courses, both in Australia and in Asia.
- Extensive experience in drilling supervision, drilling methods, well construction and aquifer testing.
- Extensive experience in Aquifer Storage and Recovery studies in both urban and rural settings.
- Extensive experience in the assessment of sustainable yield and water balance.
- Wide experience in mine dewatering and reinjection.
- Wide experience in the design and construction of monitoring networks and data interpretation.
- Wide experience in community consultation / liaison on the management of available groundwater resources.
- Wide experience in the use and interpretation of surface and borehole geophysics for the definition of aquifer systems.
- Extensive managerial experience.
- Extensive experience in the consulting industry.
- Hydrogeological Society of South Australia