More than 35 years in South Australian dryland farming research and extension industries
- Australian Centenary Medal for services to agriculture (2000)
- Fluid Fertilizer Foundation of the USA Researcher Of The Year award (2005)
- Affiliate Senior Lecturer in Soil Science, University of Adelaide, 2005
- Honorary fellow of SARDI 2006
- 30 years experience in low rainfall research and communication – began fluid fertiliser research effort in broad-acre agriculture in SA.
- 2007 Order of Australia Medal (OAM) Citation: For service to primary industry, particularly as a contributor to dryland farming research and development.
Member of the Australian Soil Science Society Inc.