Arris Marketing Communications are on the lookout for a graphic designer who has a flair for creative, clean interface design and a passion for web/digital media. You will work closely with a web developer to produce design concepts and direction for various projects, including websites, complex web applications and mobile apps.
As the successful candidate, you will start on a 3 month casual contract with opportunity to convert to a permanent position at the end of that time.
Your role may expand with your interests, also including logo/brand design, stationery and print media.
Eligible candidates MUST:
- Have a portfolio of recent work which shows off your creative personality
- Be competent with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Have exceptional communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have a strong understanding of web design, grids, typography, UX, graphic design flair, brands, interface design
- Be a creative thinker – able to take minimal briefs and provide design concepts and direction
- Be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage time accordingly
- Be a good listener who asks questions and can break down complex problems into design solutions
Helpful but not required:
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS and and associated concepts
- Knowledge of responsive design concepts and capabilities of frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Familiar with use of web-based content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal)
- Experience in designing interfaces for native mobile device apps (e.g. Android, iOS)
- Experience in designing for logos/branding
- Formal qualification in a design-related area